September 8, 2020
It has been almost six months since we last had an in person church at Elgin United Church,
a long six months, but finally we have approval to have in person services again.
We are pleased to be able to tell you that our first service will be Sunday, September 20, 2020, at 11:00AM.
In order to open we have to implement certain protocols and procedures.
The entire document with guidelines for reopening is posted on the church website at https://eppc-ucc.com.
The main points are as follows:
- Maximum capacity allowed is allowed is 30% which for EUC works out to be 25 to 30 congregants;
- If you plan on attending please notify Clinton Halladay, email@example.com or 613-359-5607 in order for us to control attendance within our limit, and not turn anyone away;
- If you have mobility issues or require use of the washroom please ask the usher for assistance;
- Social distancing (6ft/2m) must be adhered to. (Family and social bubbles excepted);
- Masks must be worn at all times while in the building;
- Hands must be sanitized on entering. Sanitizer is available at the entry;
- All congregants must register before entering the sanctuary, should contact tracing be required;
- Seating has been marked and an usher will assist you. (Family/ bubbles will be seated together);
- Please follow the directional arrows on the floor;
- No coffee or social time before or after the service;
- No congregational singing is allowed, but other music will be provided;
- Offering plates will be at the entrance and exit doors. They will not be passed around during the service.
Together we can make this work. We look forward to seeing everyone soon.