Portland United Church
Now that the Active Case count in Western Leeds and Grenville is below 16 (it was 9 on Monday evening), Portland United Church will be holding 2 Christmas Eve Services led by Rev. Kathy Walton. Both will include YouTube Music videos.
- 4 PM will be a family service with no communion
- 7 PM will include a communion, so you are encouraged to bring a juice box and a cracker to participate in the communion at your seat
- One of those two services will be live streamed on the Elgin Portland United FaceBook site (as of Tuesday afternoon, we are working out the logistics) and will be available for viewing at any time after that
Portland United Church capacity with participants wearing masks and following Social Distancing guidelines is 35 people for each service. Reservations are required (there will be no unregistered walk ins allowed and no participants from Red Zones will be allowed). Both services were approximately 50% booked as of Tuesday afternoon. If you would like to make a reservation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call him at 613-799-3440.
In keeping with the Government of Ontario Guidelines for the lockdown that starts at 12:01 AM Boxing Day and continues for 28 days, there will be no Church Services during the month of January. The PUC Council will re-evaluate at the end of January to determine if the church will be opened for in person sermons and/or video church services. During that time, you will receive two alternative services to view in the comfort of your home through the EPPC News.
Here is the wording from the Government of Ontario Lockdown
Weddings, funerals and other religious rites, ceremonies and services can go ahead with a maximum of 10 people — indoors or outdoors — and only with physical distancing in place.
As we go back into the world of no physical church services at Portland United Church and the end of 2020 approaches quickly there are a couple of reminders.
- In order to be counted as a Donation on your 2020 tax receipt your donations needs to be transferred or postmarked prior to Friday, December 31.
Portland United Church accepts donations 3 ways.
- A cheque can be mailed to: Portland United Church PO Box 251 Portland Ontario K0G 1V0
- An E transfer can be made to: email@example.com
- On the Elgin Portland Pastoral Charge website. Press the Donate Now button
However, you chose to donate your support continues to be greatly appreciated.