Elgin Portland Pastoral Charge
The Profile committee has been meeting weekly since January 20th to start the process of defining the needs of our faith community.
The team includes members from Elgin & Portland –
Katy Bond, Jane Campbell, Rhonda Elliott, Michelle Knapp, Graham Lowe, John Noble, Jane Pickard, Andrea Thompson.
In the coming weeks you will receive a short survey to assist us in our research.
Thank-you for your support.
Profile Committee – IMPORTANT
I have been informed that my profile update last week may have led to some misinterpretation or confusion.
The Profile Committee is composed of four team members from each of our two churches,
and the eight members serve as a joint committee for the Elgin-Portland Pastoral Charge.
I apologize if the update last week was unclear.
Chair, Elgin United Church
EPPC News for Portland United Church
The PUC Council met on Wednesday, February 3 and agreed that for safety reasons related to COVID-19,
the church will remain closed for worship through the end of February.
Your PUC Board will meet again on March 3 to review plans for reopening once the Provincial Government issues their revised guidelines later this month.
Western Leeds Grenville currently has 4 active cases which is well below our threshold of 15 active cases, so keep up the good work everyone.
In the interim, we would recommend the following three options for viewing a service in the safety of your home:
Wesley United Church in Newfoundland – service should start at 9:30 a.m. our time. Scroll down for live service link box in the middle of the page
A later service – 11 a.m. at Bethel UC Rideau Ferry
Bracebridge United Church, Bracebridge, ON
John’s United Church, Kemptville, ON
DEVOTIONAL THOUGHT – Liz Church
This Week my granddaughter was asked to make a self-portrait of herself for her art class.
It was painstaking for her. It took her hours to form her cheekbones, her eyes, her hair, her facial expression.
But after hours and hours of perseverance her portrait was a real likeness to herself, and something to be proud of.
I got to thinking about my self portrait. Not what you or I see – but how God sees me.
Does He take hours looking at me and wondering?
Does He have to evaluate what He sees?
Do I show the world who I am?
Or do they have to look really deep to see me – a Christian – made in the image of God?
As I continued to contemplate these questions and a myriad of others, that familiar Scripture came again
– You are created in the image of God.
Before this devotional becomes a sermon,
I want you to ask yourself some of these same questions?
Take it upon yourself to pray with me:
‘Create in me a clean heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your Presence, or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the Joy of your salvation. And grant me a willing spirit, to sustain me.’ – Psalm 51: 10-12
YOU ARE MADE IN GOD’S IMAGE
February 4, 2020
Position: Part-Time Regional Sunday School Leader and Coordinator (Feb – June)
Hours: 32 hrs/month from February to April 20 hrs/month from May to June
The Eastern Ontario Outaouais Regional Council (EOORC)
is seeking an individual to fill the role of Regional Sunday School Leader and Coordinator on a part-time trial basis.
EOORC is seeking to support our Churches/Communities of Faith (COF)
by providing an online Sunday School program as well as coordinating and promoting existing Church/COF Sunday Schools.
This position is held under the Ministry supporting Youth and Young Adults (YAYA) for supervision,
direction and accountability and will be working remotely using Zoom for meetings and Facebook live for Sunday School Program production.
EOORC YAYA values;
• Creativity (adaptive)
• Relationship (connection)
• Responsible Stewardship (accountable)
• Accessibility (inclusive)
This position is responsible for;
• Working with the YAYA Minister to prepare an online Regional Sunday School production and lesson plan (Feb – June).
• Filming and hosting a weekly 30-minute Sunday school lesson for EOORC (Feb – June) using Facebook live.
• Connecting with EOORC Churches and Communities of Faith about Sunday School through phone and email.
• Developing a database of EOORC Churches/COF’s hosting online Sunday School and links to their programs.
• Promoting all EOORC Sunday School programs being offered on the EOORC website and through a monthly e-newsletter (MailChimp).
• Creating/Providing Sunday School materials for Churches/COF’s to access on EOORC Website (Illustrated Ministries etc.)
• Recruiting EOORC YAYA volunteers to participate in Sunday School lessons/create videos when required.
• Promoting all EOORC online Sunday School Programs throughout the Region. Qualifications
• High School education or equivalent combination of education and life experiences with some work experience in ministry with children and youth.
• Knowledge of The United Church of Canada
• Experience working with children and youth
• Leadership, organization, teaching and group skills and experience
• Excellent verbal, written communication skills together with strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
• A commitment to maintain confidentiality and appropriate boundaries at all times.
• Understanding of and ability to communicate effectively on social media (specifically Facebook Live and Instagram)
• Ability to work independently
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resumes and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line:
REGIONAL SUNDAY SCHOOL APPLICATION.
Application Deadline: Monday, February 8, 2021 at 12 p.m.
2020 Annual Report
I would like to say Thank you so much for all the information for the 2020 Annual Report.
If you want a printed or email report please let me know as soon as possible. My office email is email@example.com
Annette Clarke – Secretary