Portland United Church
10 Colborne, Portland - Service at 9:15 AM Sunday
Subscribe to receive our Weekly eNews and other updates
Elgin United Church
77 Main, Elgin - Service at 11 AM Sunday
January 18-25, 2020
Week of Prayer for Christian Unity
January 25, 2020 – “Skate the Lake Portland” Volunteers needed. Breakfast & Lunch at the Portland Community Hall ,
4-Rivers Youth/Cluster Event
Called to Serve & Get Involved
Elgin United Church Council is calling for nominations/volunteers:
Let your planning and organizational skills shine in service to your church and the community. Elgin United requires a SOCIAL CONVENOR for 2020. As a member of, and in conjunction with, council you will plan and organize social occasions, such as dinners and event refreshments. Years of previous records are available for reference. To volunteer, nominate someone or for more information contact Ed Speers, Charalee Smith or Clinton Halladay. Thank you and Welcome to the EUCC Team.
The lead of Memberships and Sacraments at Elgin United requires an ASSISTANT to help and cover during absences. Please speak to one of the above, or directly with Roberta McKinney to offer your valuable assistance. Thank you and Welcome to the EUCC Team.
AGM – Preparations have started for the upcoming Annual General Meetings. Please take note that with efforts to reduce cost of paper and print along with the environmental factor of wasting paper we will do the following:
- Reports Must be received at our office by February 11. Send it to Annette- email@example.com
- Electronic Version is encouraged and appreciated.
- The Reports will be available on February 16 via Links on our Website.
- Anyone who requires a printed copy of the full reports there will be a sign-up sheet. Individuals MUST sign up and a copy of the Full AGM Booklet will be reserved for them.
- The Elgin-Portland Pastoral Charge’s Official Board Meeting is Scheduled for March 4, 2020 at 7 P.M. at Portland United.
- Elgin United Church Meets on March 8 – at Elgin United Church after Worship Celebration.
- Portland United Church Meets on March 15 – at Portland United Church after Worship.
Prayerfully prepare for these Annual General Meetings. As we look back on 2019, may we have new vision for 2020 and beyond.
February 2, 2020 – Worship Planning Committee meets after worship services at Elgin United Church.
Please let Rev. Takouhi know if you are unable to attend: firstname.lastname@example.org
Elgin Portland Pastoral Charge
PO Box 251, Portland ON K0G 1V0
Web site: www.eppc-ucc.com (or.ca)
Church Office: (613) 272-2002
Office Hours: Wednesday 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.,
Thursday 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Secretary: Annette Clarke, E-mail: email@example.com
Chair of the Official Board: Cam McKay
Church Council Chairs:
Elgin: Clint Halladay 613-359-5607
(While Ed Speers is away for the Winter)
Portland: Katy Gibson (613) 359-5921